Monday, November 10, 2008

Student Regent Catch up:

Whoa, I have a lot to "blog" about!

First off, an apology for the long delay in updates. I've been keeping myself busy but I'm glad to be blogging again.

Since I last blogged:
-Met Sandra Day O'Connor at Induction Ceremony for the Texas Women's Hall of Fame (Oct. )
-Had a luncheon with Mayor Mark Burroughs on Election Day (Nov. 4th)
-Attended and spoke up in two board meetings (Aug. 22nd, Nov. 7th)
-Attended to Finance Committee Meetings (Aug. and Oct.)
-Met with students about ethical issues in biology classes (Aug.)
-Follow up meetings were held via email
-Met with students about ecological issues regarding two historic trees being removed (Oct.)
-Follow up meetings held via email
-Met with students about recycling on campus (Oct.)
-Met with SGA President of Houston campus for tour (Nov. 7th in Houston)
-Met with SGA Prez and Exec Board for Meeting (Nov. 7th)

Student Regent To-Do this week:
-Starring in the first ever Student Regent video tomorrow at 3pm
-Meeting with Students about having a Day Care on campus
-Compiling a student regent report on the student perspectives to Administrative Staff
-Presenting Student Regent report to Board of Regents in Feb. at my last Board meeting!

Talk to me
Have an issue you want in the report or need an answer on why certain rules/policies/fees are? Send me an email at: scarlettpope@gmail.com or leave a comment on the blog to generate discussion amongst other students.

Want to apply to be the next TWU Student Regent?
It's a pleasure to serve for you all on the board of regents and my term is nearing an end in June 2009. If you are interested in applying for the student regent position please email Elyze Davis, TWU Denton SGA President, at: ed121284@yahoo.com for an application.

FYI
In other news, I leave this Friday (11/14/2008) for Haiti. I will return briefly Dec. 14th, and leave for Botswana, Africa Dec. 15th. I will be back in the states Jan. 15th and begin Nursing school in Houston Jan. 20th. Committee meeting will follow, and then the student regent report in the last meeting in Feb.

No comments: